The Associate Board
The purpose of the Associate Board is to advance the mission of Hope Works externally by expanding the organization’s support network and internally by contributing talents and expertise to the organization.
Board members will be expected to invest in the work of Hope Works by making it a philanthropic priority at a minimum of $50 per month. There is an application fee of $30.
Each member commits to one year of service, with the option to renew membership at the end of the year. All members will be expected to attend board meetings quarterly and relevant committee meetings as scheduled.
Who is On the Board?
Professionals from a variety of industries looking to invest in Hope Works and to grow their personal and professional networks and skillsets.
What Does the Board Do?
The board meets quarterly to plan events and discuss strategy for promoting Hope Works. The role of each member will be determined by which of the two committees they join, although there is opportunity for collaboration between the two groups. Board members are ambassadors for Hope Works, promoting the organization within their personal networks.
The Associate Board has two committees, the Fundraising Committee and the Engagement Committee.
- Plan and facilitate one annual large-scale fundraising event
- Plan and facilitate 3 smaller fundraising events throughout the year
- Pursue matching grants and corporate giving
- Develop strategy to reach $12,000 fundraising goal
- Coordinate quarterly volunteer opportunities with Hope Works
- Facilitate and supervise service days
- Recruit volunteers from personal networks
- Identify and facilitate strategic projects for HWCD.
The Board will hold meetings quarterly. Meetings will be used to plan events and outreach, as well as networking and professional development opportunities to learn from leaders throughout the city across varying sectors.
Who to contact?
To receive an application or for more information on the board, contact Rebekah King at email@example.com
To view current members, visit here.